Sunday, March 4, 2012

Favorite Anime Songs #02 - The World God Only Knows/Kami Nomi zo Shiru Sekai - Love Call (by Nao Tōyama)

I only watched through this series over the Christmas break because somebody suggested it.  I can't believe I missed this series initially.  The World God Only Knows follows main character, Keima Katsuragi, an otaku who does not get himself involved in real life and focuses only on playing his dating sim games.  One day, he unknowingly accepts an agreement to capture runaway souls with a demon named Elsie.  To capture these souls, he has to extract them from the hearts of girls.  Using his dating sim knowledge, he uses love as the means of extraction.  I fell in love with this series mostly at the Kanon Nakagawa arc.  The girls are an interesting lot with each having their own reason for the gaps in their hearts.  It got me to read the manga and I'm totally into it.  The reason I liked "Love Call" is that it fit the anime episode nicely.  The song is done by Nao Touyama, who does the voice acting for Kanon Nakagawa, in the series.  It's such a lovely voice and the song itself is very emotional.  With the way the Kanon anime arc ended, it left me all tingly.


No comments:

Post a Comment